The Lend Fintech Scholarship 2019
Win $6,000 towards your education costs!
Lend supports the future of small businesses in Australia by offering a scholarship to emerging finance and commerce professionals alike.
All finalists will be considered for permanent or intern employment opportunities.
A scholarship of $6,000 will be provided to an innovative thinker for use towards the tools and resources they need to succeed in their study.
- Status: Open
- Deadline: 30th November 2019
- Winner announced: 15th December 2019
- Study location: Australia
- Field of study: Finance and/or commerce fields
- Host institution: Accredited Australian universities
- Scholarships: One
- Value: $6,000
- 12th June 2019 Applications open
- 30th November 2019 Applications close
- 1st December 2019 Panel reviews applications
- 7th December 2019 Shortlisted candidates contacted
15th December 19 Official announcement of scholarship winner
- Write a 300-500 word essay on “The Future of Fintech”
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Enrolled in tertiary education within the finance and/or commerce field
The Purpose of this scholarship
- To support and assist finance and commerce students with the associated costs of their courses.
- Reward innovative and critical thinking
- To identify potential employees and interns who want to work in the fast paced fintech industry
How to enter
- You will need to write a 300-500 word essay on the below subject
- Submissions are due by 30th November 2019 and a winner will be selected by 15th December 2019
- Email submissions to scholarship (at) lend.com.au
- Please include your full name, email address, contact number, postal address, university name and degree name
What to write
A 300-500 word essay on “The Future of Fintech”
How a winner is chosen
All submissions will be reviewed by the following judges. The essay deemed to be “Most Outstanding” will be awarded the Scholarship.
Bill Baker CEO, Lend
Bill Baker is CEO of Lend, he also co-founded CarLoans and Fleet Choice. Bill is a successful CEO with board-level experience gained from working within companies such as GE Commercial, AutoGroup, BTR Nylex and Austrim across a broad range of industries including finance, leasing, manufacturing and technology. With over 35 years experience in finance Bill knows first hand what it takes to start, build and run a successful finance company.
Ben Freischmidt Managing Director, Dymon Asia Capital
Ben Freischmidt is a Managing Director for Dymon Asia Capital based in Singapore, one of Asia’s leading alternative investment firms with approximately US$5bn in assets under management. He has considerable experience working with a number of leading global investment firms and is also an active investor in early stage companies and domain names. In addition to a degree in business, Ben is a CFA charterholder and Certified Practising Accountant (CPA Australia).
Cameron Dart Co-Founder & CEO, AustralianFinTech.com.au
Cameron Dart is Co-Founder & CEO of AustralianFinTech.com.au, Australia’s leading financial technology or ‘FinTech’ website and AustralianFinTechJobs.com.au, Australia’s only jobs platform for the growing FinTech industry, and InternationalFinTech.com, a global version of Australian FinTech. In 2017 Cameron was named as one of the Top 25 FinTech Influencers in Australia.
Founded in 2016, Lend has quickly established itself as a leader in the fast-paced small business finance sector. Lend quickly compares and finds the best small business loans. Lend prides itself on finding the right finance solution for companies looking to grow through it's proprietary AI and advanced algorithms.